It’s essential to properly clean your SX1000 after each use. Follow these steps to keep your machine running in tip top condition!
After each use, be sure to dispense any remaining dessert from the Freezing Cylinder before disassembling the unit for further cleaning. You’ll know that all dessert has been dispensed when pulling the Dispensing Handle no longer produces dessert.
- To place the SX1000 in Clean Mode, press the START/STOP button on the control panel, then press the UP or DOWN arrow until the control panel displays 2 sets of 3 bars.
- Pour 2 to 3 cups of fresh water into the Freezing Cylinder via the Hopper.
- Press the START/STOP button to begin the short cleaning process. The Freezing Cylinder will begin to warm, while the control panel begins counting down from "03".
- Allow the unit to run for about 30 seconds, then empty the water from the Freezing Cylinder into a bowl or bucket and dispose of the old water.
- While the unit is still running in Clean Mode, add 2 to 3 cups of hot soapy water into the Freezing Cylinder via the Hopper, then allow the unit to run for about 30 seconds.
- Empty the soapy water from the Freezing Cylinder into a bowl or bucket and dispose of the old water.
- When Clean Mode is complete, the unit will beep to indicate the end of the cycle.
- Pour 2 to 3 cups of fresh water into the Freezing Cylinder via the Hopper. Press the START/STOP button and the control panel will begin counting down from "01".
- Allow the water to stir for several seconds, then empty the water into a bowl or bucket, and dispose of the old water.
- Continue cycling fresh water through the unit until all soap has been rinsed from the Freezing Cylinder.
- When Rinse Mode is complete, the unit will beep to indicate the end of the cycle.
- Toggle the ON/OFF power switch to turn off the unit.
NOTE: Due to high fat content, recipes calling for heavy cream or whipping cream may require two or more cleaning cycles due to the thick, dense consistency produced by these recipes.
Cleaning Removable Parts
- Disconnect the unit from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the Hopper, Dispense Cover, and Auger from the unit. NOTE: Excess water may remain in the Freezing Cylinder after cleaning cycle. To prevent water spills, place a bowl under the Dispense Cover before removing.
- Dismantle the Auger for cleaning.
NOTE: Your Silicone Gasket V-Seal may be a different color.
- Remove the Locking Pin and Dispense Handle from the Dispense Cover.
- Dismantle the Dispense Cover. Separate the back of the Dispense Cover by sliding downward, then lifting away from the front. Twist off the Decorator Swirl Cap, then pull the plunger out of the Dispenser Spout.
- Wash all parts with warm soapy water, then dry with a soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- Use the included Cleaning Brushes to clean hard to reach areas like the Ingredient Chute and Dispense Spout.
- Wipe dry the freezing Cylinder interior with a soft, non-abrasive cloth or paper towel.
- As needed, use a damp, non-abrasive cloth to wipe the exterior of the unit, and then dry thoroughly.
- IMPORTANT! Never immerse the base of the unit in water.
Now your SX1000 is clean and ready to make another delicious batch of your favorite frozen dessert!