I have to tell you that this was one of the very first recipes I tried.
And to call it a recipe is a bit of a cheat, because honestly, I used a mix for it that I found on Amazon.
It wasn't perfect out-of-the-bag, though, and I had to monkey with it to get it just right, so that's what I'll share with you here, as well as the perfect mix to use for a full batch in the Ice Cream Depot soft serve machine.
So that's step one. Do yourself a favor and go grab the Dole Pineapple Soft Serve mix on Amazon. Prime it. I'll wait here.
Next, get started.
Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup Dole Pineapple Soft Serve mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix the Soft Serve mix with the cold water with a wire whisk until smooth (use a mixer if you have one; it's much easier).
- Blend in the milk and cream until completely smooth. Mixture will be a bit thick.
- Chill for 30 minutes to overnight, or even a few days if you want to make small batches like we did.
In the Ice Cream Depot Machine
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16.
- For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.
Enjoy! Please let us know if you like it as much as we do!