I don't know about you, but I have a really tough time choosing my Thanksgiving dessert. I usually end up with a slice of everything, and pile of ice cream on top. This year, we'll have the usual pecan and pumpkin pies, but I'm bringing some apple pie soft serve to top it all off.
This one is really easy, and really sweet. Tone it down by using more real cream and less condensed milk, or just enjoy it as is.
Apple Pie Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
This is a light, sweet ice cream recipe that is very quick and easy to blend up.
- 1 cup apple pie filling (canned or homemade), blended smooth
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp whole milk powder or 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Blend apple pie filling until smooth. Blend in other ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, or overnight (it will thicken up in the fridge).
- When ready, pour 3.5 cups into the SX1000 for a full batch and set the ICD to 16. For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.