This recipe is inspired by Ice Cream Depot Facebook fan Crystal R. She mixed pureed blueberries with a liquid ice cream mix she purchased at a local ice cream parlor. In our version, we will add blueberries to our Basic Vanilla Soft Serve recipe instead.
Blueberry Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
Fresh, juicy blueberries mixed with our popular vanilla soft-serve recipe serves up a delicious treat!
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Puree the blueberries in a blender or food processor and pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Combine the puree with rest of the ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour 3 cups into the ICD and set top 15.