Candy corn. Either you love or it or you don’t. This Candy Corn Soft Serve Ice Cream recipe will definitely turn the haters into believers after one taste. Candy corn only comes around once a year, so why not turn it into a treat that you can enjoy all year long. Don’t forget to top of your soft serve with a candy corn!
Candy Corn Soft Serve Ice Cream
- 11 oz candy corn
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup nonfat milk powder
- Add the half and half, whole milk, and the candy corn to a saucepan over medium heat until the candy corn begins to dissolve.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook the mixture until the candy corn fully dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the heavy cream and milk powder until smooth. Use a stick blender to make sure all of the milk powder is dissolved.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve set over a clean bowl.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until cool, about 1 hour.
- Add 3 ½ cups of the mixture* to your SX1000 or Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine.
In the Ice Cream Depot
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16.
*NOTE: Be sure not to exceed 3 ½ cups in the SX1000 - doing so will damage the machine and void any warranty.