Cardamom has a beautiful, spicy flavor you might recognize from your favorite Indian desserts. We love it in vanilla ice cream because it adds a semi-savory depth of flavor that's almost floral in nature. Serve it at your next dinner party and you'll get plenty of requests for the recipe.
Make cardamom syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons green cardamom pods
4 ounces water
1/3 cup sugar
- Grind the pods in a coffee grinder or spice grinder.
- Combine ground green cardamom pods with water and boil.
- At boil, remove from heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Fine strain the liquid and whisk in sugar until dissolved.
Add syrup to vanilla soft serve mix
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Homemade cardamom syrup
- To create your soft serve ice cream machine mix, simply whisk together.
- Set the ICD to 12.
- Serve with a sprig of fresh mint.