Cheesecake Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
A tangy, cheesecake flavored soft serve ice cream recipe topped with crunchy graham crackers making it the perfect treat!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 3 graham crackers, crumbled
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla and set aside.
- Bring the milk and lemon zest to a boil in a medium saucepan. Then, slowly beat the hot milk into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the custard thickens slightly (don’t let the mixture boil or the egg will scramble).
- Remove pan from heat and pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large clean bowl.
- Let the custard cool slightly, then stir in the lemon zest and cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to churn.
In the Ice Cream DepotFor the entire batch, set the ICD to 15.
Dispense the ice cream into a bowl and top with crumbled graham crackers