March 6th is National Oreo Cookie Day! The chocolate and cream sandwich cookie may be "Milk's Favorite Cookie," but we've created another way to celebrate. Our recipe blends delicious creamy soft-serve ice cream with Oreo cookies crumbles. Top it with more cookie crumbles and you're ready to say, "Oh, Oh Oreo!"
Cookies & Cream Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
A delicious soft serve version of cookies and cream!
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Place 8 Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until cookies are reduced to fine crumbs.
- Combine cookie crumbs and the remaining ingredients in a blender, or use an immersion blender in a bowl.
- Blend to combine ingredients, about one minute. If you don't have a blender of any sort, be sure to whisk thoroughly to eliminate any clumps of milk powder that form.
In the Ice Cream Depot
- For a full batch: Pour in 3 ½ cups into the SX1000 and set to 16.
- Crush remaining Oreo cookie to make large crumbles.
- When complete, dispense into a bowl and top with crumbled up Oreo cookies.