It's mid July, and it's hot. In Florida, it's especially hot. The ice cream truck comes regularly to our house, and seeing the Creamsicle ad on the side reminded me that I wanted to play with this recipe.
The cream cuts the tang of the orange juice, resulting in a not-too-sweet, refreshing summer treat.
This is another in our series of very fast and easy at-home recipes that don't require any cooking, eggs, or difficulty -- just mix, pour, set the machine and serve.
It's really pretty hard to screw up, as someone in the office loved every iteration of this one. Some folks wanted more orange flavor, others wanted sweeter or less sweet. In the end, this recipe is the one that most folks agreed tasted most like the Creamsicles of their childhood memory.
Creamsicle Soft Serve Ice Cream Recipe
By Ice Cream Depot
An easy, creamy orange vanilla soft serve ice cream recipe.
- 2.5 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, or use an immersion blender in a bowl. If you don't have a blender of any sort, be sure to whisk thoroughly to eliminate any clumps of milk powder that form.
- Blend to combine ingredients, about one minute. Cover and reserve in the refrigerator until you’re ready to churn.
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16. For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.