I have to tell you that this was one of the very first recipes I tried. And to call it a recipe is a bit of a cheat, because honestly, I used a mix for it that I found on Amazon.
It wasn't perfect out-of-the-bag, though, and I had to experiment with it to get it just right, so that's what I'll share with you here, as well as the perfect mix to use for a full batch in the Ice Cream Depot soft serve machine.
So that's step one. Do yourself a favor and go grab the Dole Pineapple Soft Serve mix on Amazon. Prime it. I'll wait here.
Next, let's get started.
Disney Dole Whip Recipe
By Ice Cream Depot
All you need are a few ingredients to get that creamy, sweet deliciousness that is Dole Whip!
- 13 cup Dole Pineapple Soft Serve mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix the Soft Serve mix with the cold water with a wire whisk until smooth (use a mixer if you have one; it's much easier).
- Blend in the milk and cream until completely smooth. Mixture will be a bit thick.
- Chill for 30 minutes to overnight, or even a few days if you want to make small batches like we did.
- When ready, pour 3.5 cups into the SX1000 for an entire batch and set the ICD to 16. For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.