We had a really great week at work this week, and wanted to celebrate on Friday. And what better way than with frozen drinks in the SX1000?
A new distillery just opened down the street, and we'd bought a few bottles of their really amazing vodka, so decided to try out a vodka-based recipe.
This is similar to a traditional Cosmopolitan, but not nearly as sweet (meaning: much easier to drink far too many). The cherry and lime give it a refreshingly tart flavor, while the Grand Marnier and cranberry juice make it sweet enough to palette. It went down far too quickly.
Tart Cherry Frozen Cosmo Recipe
By Ice Cream Depot
A frozen, tart twist on a Cosmopolitan.
Here's what you'll need. If you don't want to drop a mint on Grand Marnier (or want to bring down the damage points), feel free to sub a little orange juice, or just leave out.
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup water (to replace ice)
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup vodka
- As with all alcoholic beverages, you want to make the slushy base first, then mix in the alcohol. So, add all juices and water to the SX1000. No need to premix - just pour in each as you measure them out.
- Set SX1000 to 11, and run through the cycle.
- Add Grand Marnier and vodka; run another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with lime garnish.