Did you know that you can make ice cream using instant pudding mix? We tried it out in our SX1000 Soft Serve Machine and it works! Instant pudding mix comes in a variety of flavors and produces a thick, creamy soft serve. We first tested Hersey’s Milk Chocolate Instant Pudding mix. The results were incredible — it tasted like a Wendy’s Frosty!! Just imagine the possibilities: Banana Cream Pudding soft serve with Nilla wafers, Cheesecake Pudding soft serve with graham crackers, Cookies and Cream Pudding soft serve with Oreos. Have some fun whipping up your own batch!
Instant Pudding Mix Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
A quick way to make ice cream using any instant pudding mix.
- 1 3.4oz box of instant pudding mix (any flavor)*
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients making sure everything is incorporated.
- Measure out 3 ½ cups of the mixture and pour into the ICD and set to 14.
- After dispensing the first batch, whisk the remaining mix as it will have become thick. Pour into the ICD and set to 12.