Who doesn't like a slice of key lime pie? Of course, we had to find a way to create a soft serve recipe that is reminiscent of the delicious dessert. With our handy SX1000, this key lime soft serve ice cream recipe was a breeze to make.
Key Lime Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
Oh so tart, yet sweet for the key lime lovers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 ¼ cups half and half cream
- 3/4/ cup lime juice
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lime juice, and lemon zest in a saucepan over medium heat until well-blended.
- Continuously stir the egg mixture with a wooden spoon until thickened, 7 to 8 minutes. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the half and half until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve set over a clean bowl.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until cool, about 1 hour.
- When ready, pour 3.5 cups into the SX1000 and set to 16.