It's one of America's favorite flavor combinations, but can soft-serve lovers enjoy minty-chocolatey goodness at home? Yes, you can! Creamy, minty soft-serve ice cream is topped with deliciously fun chocolate curls to make this at-home version of an ice cream parlor classic.
Mint Chocolate Chip Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
A soft-serve variation of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure mint extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 - 4 drops green food coloring
- Dark chocolate bar
- Combine milk, half and half, cream, sugar, mint extract, dry milk powder and food coloring in a blender. If you are using an immersion blender, combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend to combine ingredients, about one minute. If you don't have a blender, be sure to whisk thoroughly to eliminate any clumps of milk powder.
In the Ice Cream Depot
- For a full batch: Pour in 3 ½ cups of mixture into the SX1000 and set ICD to 16.
- While the ice cream is mixing, use a peeler on a bar of chocolate to create curls.
- Dispense into a bowl and top with the chocolate curls!