It's that time of year again — the time when we look back at all the delicious treats we enjoyed over the holidays and try to figure out how we can make healthier choices in the future without sacrificing flavor! We've got you covered, soft serve fans, with a soft serve recipe that is rich and delicious, and good for you!
Paleo Snickers Soft Serve Ice Cream
By Ice Cream Depot
A soft serve treat that's both tasty and healthy.
- 3 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup coconut nectar or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan caramel sauce
- Toppings: Vegan Caramel Sauce, Vegan Magic Shell and crushed peanuts
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream (the thick white part)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Vegan Magic Shell
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate (finely chopped
- Begin by making the Caramel Sauce: Heat a pot over medium high heat. Add the sugar and stir for about 1 minute. Then, stir in the coconut cream and sea salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the caramel has thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool before transferring to a jar with a lid. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use. The caramel will thicken after chilling for 2+ hours.
- Now it’s time for the soft serve! In a large bowl, mix together the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extra.
- You may add in the vegan caramel sauce now to make a caramel flavored soft serve, or reserve to pour on top.
- Pour the soft serve mixture into your SX1000 and set to 16.
- While the soft serve is processing, start preparing the "magic shell." Combine the coconut oil and dark chocolate into a small mixing bowl and microwave in 30-second bursts until it's fully melted and creamy.
- Dispense into a bowl, top with vegan caramel sauce, magic shell and crushed peanuts.