The milky, spicy, sweet tea is one of my favorite ways to drink tea. Browsing Target with a venti iced chai latte is probably the closest thing to heaven a mom can get.
I knew it would translate perfectly to soft serve.
Add a touch of cinnamon and you've got a really tasty fall soft serve recipe to enjoy.
Spiced Chai Soft Serve Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup chai tea (steep 6 bags, then chill)
- 1/4 cup whole milk powder
- Cinnamon to top
- Steep your tea first, using a cup of boiling water and 6 chai tea bags (we use Tazo Chai). Chill.
- If you have time, chill in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight). It helps the flavors meld.
- Blend to combine ingredients before using.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
In the Ice Cream Depot
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16.
- For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.
- Because of the condensed milk, this soft serve is softer than most other recipes; we ended up turning on the machine for an extra 5 minutes (setting: 5) to firm it up a bit.