This time of year is all about pool parties, backyard barbecues and fun in the sun with friends, and this adult drink recipe is the perfect addition to your next party! Strawberry flavor delights your taste buds while fresh lemon quenches your thirst. Plus just enough limoncello and sparkling wine to give your party a little kick!
Strawberry Limoncello Slush
By Ice Cream Depot
A refreshingly sweet and tangy adult slushie that's perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups of water, divided
- 8 oz strawberries (stems removed and diced)
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately 4 - 5 lemons)
- 1 cup Limoncello
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a medium pot and place over a high heat. Stir occasionally and heat until the sugar is melted and the liquid is clear. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Puree the strawberries with the lemon juice and 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth. Pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer and into a pitcher. Add in the remaining 2 cups of water and stir to mix.
- Pour 3 cups of the strawberry lemonade mix into the SX1000 and set to 12. When the machine is done processing, pour a little into a cup to check the consistency. You’ll want a thick slush because adding alcohol in the next step will liquify the mixture again. If your mixture is too runny, press and hold the START/STOP button for 2 seconds to add 2 minutes. When you are happy with the thickness of the slush, press STOP.
- With the strawberry lemonade still in the machine, add ½ cup of Limoncello and ½ cup of sparkling wine into the hopper. Set the SX1000 to 4* and press START.
- Dispense into a glass, squeeze on a little lemon, and enjoy!