Finish off your Valentine’s Day date night with this sparkling dessert for adults.
Fresh, ripe berries and sparkling rosé go together like you and your soul mate. We used locally sourced strawberries from our neighbors in Plant City, FL, but feel free to use raspberries instead. Tailor this float to your (or your date’s) preferences!
Strawberry Sorbet Rosé Float
By Ice Cream Depot
A sweet strawberry sorbet topped with a sparkling rosé creates the perfect dessert cocktail for any occasion.
- 5 cups of chopped strawberries (washed, stems removed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling Rosé
- St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Add water and raspberries to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Strain the pureed strawberries through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Discard any mixture left in the strainer.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the ICD machine and set the ICD to 16.
- To serve, dispense a small amount of sorbet into wine glasses, top with 2 tablespoons of liqueur and fill with rosé. Garnish with strawberries (strawberry rosé anyone?) and mint leaves if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!