Continuing our low-carb roundup (at least until I hit my goal weight, amirite?), I'm moving on to a simple vanilla. Although I love the custard version, it's time consuming and has too much prep time. I wanted a recipe I could mix up in seconds, dump in the soft serve machine, and whala! Ice cream!
This was exactly that. Simple. Delicious. Healthy.
It had a bit more of an "icy" texture (but just a tiny bit) because it has a lower fat content and doesn't have a product to help it gel like eggs or xantham gum, but the taste and consistency were very much exactly what I needed.
Sugar-Free Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup half & half (or coconut milk)
- ¼ cup fat-free powdered milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Swerve (available at most grocery stores or online here)
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a wire whisk, until no lumps remain. (Seriously - that's it!)
In the Ice Cream Depot
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16.
- For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.
You can store any extra mix in the fridge for ... well, for as long as the milk stays good!
If you've tried this one, let us know in the comments.