One thing we really love about the SX1000 is the ability to create recipes for speciality diets. We have a few vegans in our office, so we're constantly trying out vegan adaptations to our traditional recipes. Plus, it's fall. So: pumpkin. AMIRITE?
This recipe was a big hit -- just enough pumpkin flavor to keep coming back for more. Even the pumpkin nay-sayers enjoyed it.
Vegan Pumpkin Soft Serve Ice Cream Recipe
By Ice Cream Depot
A vegan friendly pumpkin flavored soft serve treat - perfect for fall!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (we used light, but we also enjoy full fat)
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Cinnamon to top
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or bowl, and blend until well mixed (we used a stick blender in a big mixing bowl).
- If you have time, chill in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight). It helps the flavors meld.
- Blend to combine ingredients before using.
- For the entire batch, set the ICD to 16. For single or double-sized servings, set the ICD to 12.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.